View Single Post
Old 07-05-17, 04:58 PM   #135
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstlndwarrior View Post
Just wanted to say...I watched hunt for red october again since playing this game. I noticed your mod for the silent drive sub only allows for 13 kts. In the film Sean Connery's character asked the navigator to recompute for 26kts with the silent drive engaged. I just was wondering if that was taken into consideration. Also when you go to periscope depth your conning tower breaches. It's near suicidal to raise anything or go to 50 ft. Great MOD though!
Hehe watch the movie again... Sean Connery actually said "Recompute for 26 knots, and engage the propellers". This scene was right after the Caterpillar drive failed due to sabotage.

According to both lore and Wikipedia, the max speed of the Red October is 27 knots, about half that for the silent drive.

Also, there's nothing I can do about the conning tower on the Typhoon breaching the surface. The devs say periscope depth is hardcoded, it can't be changed by us modders. They never intended the Typhoon to be playable, so that's why it does that. I'm afraid we're stuck with it.

New Playable Subs & More - A Mod For Cold Waters

https://github.com/CaptainX3/CW-Playable-Subs

"We'll settle this the old Navy way... the first guy to die loses!"
CaptainX3 is offline   Reply With Quote