View Single Post
Old 04-29-11, 09:15 PM   #81
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Well, what I ended up doing was downloading the newest drivers... then I had second thoughts and went back and downloaded the Win7 64-bit version of the last version of the 9.* Catalyst Control Center suite of drivers/apps etc. Judging by the date it would have been CCC 9.* that I had on my system with XP 32-bit, and I had ME working fine with no problems then, with the Res Fix installed. As long as I renamed the d3d9.dll file while using it, everything displayed perfectly.

So I uninstalled all the CCC stuff from ATI and then uninstalled the gfx card itself in Device Manager, including whatever drivers might still be there. Then rebooted and let Windows find the card and install the default drivers for it, and then installed the older version of CCC and whatever came with it.

Now I have my extended displays back with my monitor as 1 and TV as 2 and ME works fine in the game installs without Res Fix, and fine in the ones with it as long as I run it using that little .bat file described above to rename d3d9.dll for the duration.

I don't know what gfx card you have, Jimbuna, but if it's ATI with CCC, you might consider reverting to an older version of that and the drivers and see what happens.

The next test will be to fire up the game and see what happens. I went into the onboard menu for my monitor and set the Image Size to "Auto" because a couple people with the same or similar Samsung models have said that doing that caused the game to run in 4:3 no matter what the gfx software wanted to do as far as rescaling. If it doesn't work I'll either have to try my little Display Changer tweak again or start playing around with widescreen GUIs.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote