View Single Post
Old 05-22-09, 03:30 PM   #12
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

I just tried the mod and found three problems.

1- The menu bar is all messed up for me. This is a problem a few of us had with the SH4 Menumaker when it was first released. The creator finally figured out what was wrong, and provided a fix in later versions. For those of us who have the problem, we have to do a "special save" to avoid the corrupted view. If you used Menumaker to change the buttons, it appears you didn't use that type of save. It's no biggie for me as I use my own button layout anyway. I wanted you to know in case anyone else reported the problem.

2- I find the numbers in the messages box harder to read now. It looks like they're bolder that the rest of the text, and this causes them to blend together in some cases. EDIT: on a second look, it's not just the message box. They're hard to read any where there's "normal" text.

3- While there may be fewer messages, you're still having the stock problem of some of them not showing up at all. Like the Pearl Harbor attack message. A notice shows in the message box, but the clipboard doesn't show the text. There is a fix another modder found for this. A [X] needs to be added before the actual text part of each message. Example:

@CINCPAC@^...^&Enemy attack on Pearl!&[X]AIR RAID PEARL HARBOR X

All messages will appear properly after adding this. BTW, if you decide to fix the messages, I can send you a copy of Adm. Stark's "Execute unrestricted warfare" message I've added to my messages.txt.

Other than these problems, I like GFO so far. Great work!

Last edited by fred8615; 05-22-09 at 04:45 PM.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote