View Single Post
Old 11-01-09, 03:06 AM   #36
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Two things FYI...

1) I plan on releasing a small maintenance update in the next day or so. It's an addition of about 5 lines of code only, but it will help third-party programmers that interact with JSGME (and there are a few).

2) I'm thinking of re-doing the Help file. Yeah, "why?" you may ask considering no-one reads it, but at least if I do I'll feel more comfortable and confident responding to questions with "RTFM". JSGME has grown quite a bit since the Help file was first written and consequentially I think it has become a bit hotch-potch with subsequent additions. I welcome any suggestions on this aspect - things that may make it easier for users if included and so on.

Oh, one quick question. Currently JSGME gives an error message if you attempt to disable a mod when subsequently-enabled mods have overwritten same files. You have to then decide yourself what to do next.

My question: would it be an improvement if JSGME advised you of the problem and then gave you the option to disable the subsequently-enabled mods first, as well as the one you want to disable? For example:
Code:
"My Mod 1" cannot be disabled as "My Mod 2", "My Mod 3" has overwritten files and must be removed first.

Would you like to disable these mods?
I guess I'm just curious as to how many people would say "yes" if posed with such a warning message.