View Single Post
Old 08-31-08, 01:03 AM   #763
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin,

Много лет ни одного слова по русский не говорил. Pад, ты все же понял.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck
It works with SHIV too, BUT as soon as omnidirectional lights are introduced to a scene, the material and the corresponding object disappear. Besides changing these values seems to have a tremendous impact on the frame rate, at least on my system.

Have you ever noticed, that the glasses in any sub have specular highlights / reflections only? But you canīt see them. Whenever they crush, the animation is triggered and played, but the broken glass textures donīt show up after the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwasjer
Interesting. I do too little modding myself to see such things. Did it work in SH3 correctly then?
Well, there havenīt been any "real" omnidirectional lights in SHIII. And the old SH3 approach, using particle generators and a halo + halo.tga, works in SH4 too. But you have to omit using omnis in order to not make the transparent objects disappear. Regarding the broken glass effect, yes it plays/shows correctly in SH3.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck
Have you ever noticed, that the glasses in any sub have specular highlights / reflections only? But you canґt see them. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart
IIUC, if you about SH4 interior for objects (for example as _Geamuri - glasses for dials), you should notice, that they are invisible (visibility byte = 0) ... and you can see only light reflection (two kinds! flat-plane or point) ...
after destruction objects become visible ...
In SH3 (all visible) for reflection we have procedural map GLASS_SPEC.tga (Type 13 specular) ...
Well, the visibility byte is set to '0' with the glasses, thatīs right. But the glasses DO NOT show up after the event of breaking. Even changeing the byte to '1' does not make them appear.

Quote:
Originally Poste by Skwasjer
On a related note, perhaps it is bugged in SH4 due to a shader problem?
Well, tested on my rig and confirmed by a friend. Both systems running with DX9 comp. ATI graphics cards.

[EDIT]
Iīve got confirmation that the same problem occurs when using NVIDIA gc. So, this is not an ATI nor gc driver related problem.

Regards,
DD

Last edited by DivingDuck; 08-31-08 at 04:03 AM.
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote