Old 07-31-20, 09:09 AM   #2
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickswitch View Post
Playing FOTRSU 1.1 mod for SH4

started a patrol out of Pearl: Mission is to go to Marshall Islands chain and patrol Engintwok I think the island is, when I reach patrol zone the obj changes from patrol for five days, to Patrol to five days AND photo recon island. I got a little trigger happy and sunk a Subchaser with two torps during daylight hours (it was heading toward and across near perpendicular shot so I took it from Periscope depth) then sunk a medium tanker I think it was between two of the atoll's, one of which I'm suppose to recon. Problem begins when I reach the atoll and approach the objective which has a "Ghost sonar reading and a surface sighting from my bridge crew" but there's nothing there, that's somewhere about 1000 yards off the north of the atoll, and same deal just east of the atoll, nothing to lock the scope to photograph but every indication that that's exactly what needs to be photo'd.

Very confusing, love this mod but am not sure if I want to start another career or fail this first patrol on this small problem/possible bug.

Perhaps I should have photo'd first then sunk? That's all I can think of that may be amiss here, or a bug but then special missions have been dodgy for this game in vanilla also.

Running SH4 FOTRS Ultimate 1.1 mod only
4GB patcher

1942 December patrol start 1st patrol of career.

Hmmm... again this is in no way a critiscism of the mod, just would like some clarification and or help.

Cheers

I've done that recon too. you won't 'see' anything where you get the ghost sonar reading. Just look that way and try to get a photo. I think I remember that there were 2 beaches to recon.
Good luck.

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote