View Single Post
Old 05-18-20, 09:09 PM   #8
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I add the following info in the case anyone will read this in the future:

To revert any SH4 mod to the stock campaign, it's enough in most cases to just remove the Data\Campaings and the Data\UPCData\UPCCampaignData folder. Instead it's best to keep the Sea and Roster folder which contain new units that will never be referenced by the stock game, these folders may contain modded stock units, but all the better, this has no influence on their traffic appearance in the 3D-world (which is done by the other 2 removed folders above) and keeping the Sea and Roster folders could avoid nasty game crashes later. But if you know exactly what to remove, then do it to save HDD space.
In the case of the OTC mod or any mod changing the Identification Book in the game, you MUST keep the Sea and Roster folders as is, otherwise the game will crash at some point when using the ID-Book in the game.

That's basically it. I like to revert to stock campaign if I don't want to spend hours of game time to find a single merchand or a convoy.
The stock campaign has a very much increased traffic compared to TMO and more contact reports appearing in your radio log. The excellent RSRDC campaign is very realistic and historically rewamped, but it also has limited traffic compared to the stock game, less good for a fast game.

I have tested with success this system of reverting to stock campaign with the following mods:

TMOwTw 2.5 + OTC for TMO2.5 + 1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9_TMO (*)
TMO 2.5 (regular) + same as above;

(*) In the case like here where a mod has more packages in JSGME, you must make a copy of all packages and remove the folders inside the copy like in the system above and then install these separate copied packages in the same order in JSGME. In the example here, you would first copy TMOwTw 2.5 package, then remove the folders as told above, then repeat with OTC for TMO2.5, then repeat for '1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9_TMO'; finally you install these modifed packages in the order intended by the mod.

You will play with all the functionality of the mods above, also the grafics and interiors, but with the stock campaign and without the sea, air or land units added by the mod.

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-20-20 at 05:10 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote