Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: WS issues...

Edit, from original post...

Ugh... what a major pain...

Ok, it took some finagling... BUT...

I got past getting the WS GUI mod that came with CCoM to work upon activation... & solved that bloody error popping up of 'can not initialize 3D engine' that kept popping up, when I went to start up CCoM SH3, after activating that WS mod.

Craziness of it all, was... taking the exe, after running the main mod 1st, slapping it into the sh3 patcher, located in the WS GUI mod, running that then locating & deleting that other sh3.exe in the main folder, replacing it with the sh3.exe I created then sliding the patcher folder out of it... all BEFORE activation. Add to that, of going into the control panel & in the section for 'change resolution' & then having in that area, of creating a '1920x1080' setting... then activating that.

&... the rest as they say, is history. It works now...

Now, am wondering, if I go into the control panel & create (even though My native resolution is there... a 16x9 set up, select that... then go into the d3d9 config file & change the res there to My native res...

As is, everything with running this in 1920x1080, is way small as all get out... & I already have enough issues as it is with My eyesight.

M. M.

Ok, in control panel, would NOT allow Me to create another res profile, so... I tried with the d3d9 config, of setting the res there to 16x9... & No go... whole
loading menu, view in sub, after choosing the nav training, was offset, way, way off to the right & upwards... so part of the HUD controls were cut off.

So, exited, deactivated the WS mod, went back into the config files & reset it to 1920x1080, saved & then reactivated it. Left the control panel set to native 16x9 res & retested using the nav training once more... &...

Success.!

Everything works as it should now.... Beware enemy ships, here I come... to wreck your day... or night...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-20-20 at 10:09 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote