Thread: Balloon games
View Single Post
Old 02-04-23, 03:30 PM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
[COLOR="Lime"]I presume once the balloon reaches the Atlantic, the "safety to people on the ground debris-field" excuse for not shooting it down will be negated and we can practise how to destroy objects at 60,000 feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot5 View Post
Congratulations to the F-22 on its first confirmed air to air kill!
Indeed! somebody reads my posts! Jeeze though! the debris field might have landed on a boatload of Haitian or Cuban refugees struggling to make it to the Florida Keys...I hope the USAF checked first...it wouldn't do to appear insensitive to the world's "huddled masses" striving for freedom and pissing off Florida governor Santos who'd already declared a national refugee 'state of emergency'!
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...atlantic-ocean No doubt the F22 pilot's squadron mates will dub him "Luke"! Shooting anything at 60,000 feet ain't easy.
Quote:
Captain Eddie Rickenbacker said of Luke: “He was the most daring aviator and greatest fighter pilot of the entire war. His life is one of the brightest glories of our Air Service. He went on a rampage and shot down fourteen enemy aircraft, including ten balloons, in eight days. No other Ace: Britain’s Bishop from Canada, France’s Fonck or even the dreaded Richthofen had ever come close to that.”

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 02-04-23 at 03:43 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote