Old 01-19-21, 11:50 AM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Which folder did you install to meijse3? The "default" with a Steam game is the Steam Library folder, which would be "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific". That location is fine for the Stock game, but will prevent modding of the game due to Windows "security" features. If that is where you have the game, you will have to "move" it. If Silent Hunter is the only game you have, you can un-install and then re-install to a different folder. If you have another valid hard drive available that is NOT a system restore partition, you could put a 2nd Steam Library on that, and install SH4 there. Consult Moving a Steam Installation and Games on the Steam Support site. I have my Steam games in "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApps \common..." which I created during the Steam install by editing the install path.

btw: "Welcome to SubSim!"
What propbeanie said +1

To add to that, in the \common folder, leave your 'initial' install of SH4 stay unmodded, let that copy serve as your 'pristine' virgin copy.

You can create a new folder (inside \common) & name it to the mod you are going to use... as in FotRSU, for example, so it reads as follows:

"C:\Games \Steam \SteamApps \common\FotRSU..."

Then it is a simple matter of copying the guts from your virgin copy & paste them into that newly created folder as outlined above. This NOW becomes your safe SH4 game to mod with FotRSU.

ensure you place into this folder JSGME, as well as MultiSH4.

Run them 1st in this order... :

Step 1. JSGME (upon running this, it will then create a folder in the SH4 you are modding, leave the name be & just click accept. Then add in the ''MODS" folder, the mod/s FoTRSU v1.39 (& if you wish to, the Nippon Maru add on, as well). Activate the mods, & close out JSGME.

Step 2. MultiSH4... upon running this, it will have assigned to name the saves folder as SH4... change it to FRS (short for FotRSU), RSU (see FSR) or RSN (for FotRSU+ the Nippon Maru, if you choose to add that to the mix.

Step 3. LAA... does not need to be in the SH4 folder to work, so can be installed any where, to the best of My knowledge... where I have it installed, it works just fine... this step, needs being done last... just run it as outlined above in My 1st post reply...

That's it... hope this info, as well as propbeanies helps...

Fair winds, smooth seas & good huntin'...

M. M.