Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarine
Thanks.

Quote:
Perhaps, but they did try it once with a Typhoon and that was before the Kursk accident so why not afterwards?
Delta-IVs went through midlife upgrades and are on good maintenance schedule now, there is new blood in the form of 3 Borei-Is and 1 Borei-IIs, with 4-6 Borei-IIs on the way (in production, in production and contracted) the trend for constant patrols is going to stay.

That said - pierside alerts were/still are a thing, while ~1/6 is on patrol (much lower rate than what is reported for the USN) the rest tends to be in LoW alert pier side.
Similar thing applies to ICBM TELs too.

Quote:
My real fear for my much loved USN is your desire to destroy our carriers in the event of war. The ASW people are very good at what they do at sea and in the air.
I guess with the relatively high readiness rates for Oscar-IIs this is not totally unreasonable (5 available, 2 in midlife refit vs 3 available Akulas with 3 more in repair/maintenance, 3 more in midlife refits).

Illustration below:

But then Russia is focussed on Bastion defence, so as long as US CBGs keep out of them they should be fine. Still, the core mission of the Russian Navy is the strategic nuclear one and, atleast in the Russian military thinking, any serious war between Russia and US&co would have a strategic nuclear exchange.