Old 10-07-12, 06:36 PM   #2091
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Good research work again Gap
To make this work - I would have to turn these ports German for those dates. Or, make spain axis for those dates and then all ports will be enabled.
So ports would be best.
Switching Spain to axis side would make all of its ports available for refitting. I think it would be better assigning only the desired ports to Germany during the appropriate dates

...but, if technically possible, I have a better idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
What do you have in mind here

Refuel ships can only be called by the campaign script through the radio op.
The only other way to refuel is in port.
If your anchored ship is out at sea - I could add a hidden port under it with date ranges to match the ship when at anchor.
This would act just like sailing into a port - when within the raduis - option to refuel. (refit/dock = would be grayed out)

it would be cool making the mentioned replenishment tankers to spawn at ports and at 0 knots (as if they were docked ships), when we call for a refitting. This way, we would be forced to enter in ports and to get in their range for refitting from them. The other way (as suggested by you), it would be enough to be off the harbor, within a given range, for refuelling.

The result would be the same, indeed, but having to actually get in the Spanish harbor and to make contact with a docked German tanker, would add to the immersion, making us to feel like in Das Boot
gap is offline   Reply With Quote