View Single Post
Old 12-24-20, 03:07 PM   #1
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default Not Another Which Mod Thread

Greetings, sailors!

Back after a long time away from SH3 and I have certain questions...

Several years ago, I thought I had a pretty good handle on what the "essential" mods were for SH3, such as one of the two super -mods: GWX or NYGM, and Sub Commander, Thomsen's Sound mod, etc.

Now, however, not only are there more than two "super" mods, but also more graphics mods, and more of just about everything else. When you factor in the installation instructions and mod install order (and my increased age) it all becomes quite intimidating.

I guess what I am looking for is a brief rundown of the MAJOR differences between the four or five super mods and some recommendations for what people believe to be the ESSENTIAL mods besides the ones I have already mentioned. I am not interested in starting a flame war, just some brief recommendations and advice on the "new" mods and any pitfalls I need to be aware of.

One more question. I've noticed that SH3 unmodded looks fine on my widescreen monitor, so what is it with these widescreen mods? Are they worth the hassle of installing? Seems they just have some graphics improvements. Can't I get them with the supermods?

Thank you. I don't usually ask a lot of questions, but when I do, they tend to be on the long side!

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote