View Single Post
Old 09-18-19, 04:46 PM   #75
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I dont think we are doing nothing. I think the sanctions are having the desired effect. I think these attacks may be sign Rouhani is struggling to stay in power by supporting acts of aggression to cover his political weakness. Kinda like a cornered rat. A shooting war could be used by Rouhani politically to unite internal opposition against outside agression. The last thing on any western powers list of things to do, is to return fire. I suggest we just sit back and watch him squirm.
Do not take it for granted Rouhani controls the RG - neither he nor any other Iranian president does. The RG play their own game, and are a state within the state, corrupt, controlling signfiicant parts of key economy and industries in Iran. Their top commander have their own financial interests. Its a gang. The scenario that the RG attacked without Rouhani authorizing it, or even just knowing of it, is absolutely realistic. I seem to recall that the RG and Rouhani are anything but close friends. The RG are hardliners. The president is more or less hardliner as well, but hides it more or less politely on the diplomatic stage. The nuclear armament of Iran they all want, and their top cleric as well.