Old 01-01-22, 04:11 PM   #414
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

27 September 1942
Player error leads to sinking of CL Natori

China
Our raids on Chengchow got us 5 Oscars at the cost of a pair of P-40s. We got one plane repaired and pulled out. Enemy casualties were relatively light, but the B-24s did okay.

Bay of Bengal
My opponent pulled his task forces out from the Colombo area, but accidentally left a replenishment group behind. My CVBG hit it with 2 waves of Albacores, hitting the light cruiser Natori with 3 torpedoes for a confirmed kill. My opponent has asked for safe passage for this group, and I've agreed not to pursue for 1 turn. Chasing them would be crazy anyway, I'd just be walking into their land-based air range. The raid cost us 2 Albacores; one to flak and another pushed over the side due to unrepairable damage.

CentPAC
We've begun our assault at Hilo, the enemy had level 3 forts that we took down to 2, they don't have enough troops here--less than 1000--to capitalize on the forts regardless.

Reinforcements
DD Gillespie arrives at San Francisco
347th FG/339th FS arrives at Noumea
111th Chindit Brigade arrives at Madras
--------
As I'm bringing more fighter squadrons online, I'm reviewing my aircraft deployments from Australia all the way back to Pearl and I'm not happy with how disorganized it is. It started off pretty well when I first moved them, but I've moved so much around in response to KB raids on Pago and Noumea that it's just an ad hoc mess right now. So I've taken some time to reorganize my forces on paper, and over the next month or so I'll be moving squadrons and AirHQs around so that I end up with a well-balanced group of fighters, bombers and patrol aircraft at each base, all under the same local command and hopefully able to coordinate well.