Old 01-01-22, 03:48 PM   #413
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

26 September 1942
Hawaii nearly mopped up

CENTPAC
We started landing the Americal Infantry Division on Lahaina. Resistance is light.

Our Marines have finished off the last enemy troops on Lihue, and we are now in contact with the enemy troops at Hilo (Kona Island).

Malaya
Betty raids on Singapore sank a pair of ASW patrol craft, which were the last ships/boats remaining at Singapore.

China
We lost a P-40 and 2 SB-III bombers over Chengchow (1 SB-III to flak); no victories.

The enemy army made another shock attack, bringing our forts down to Level 1, casualties 13000 to 6500 favoring us. The next attack could overrun us. The bombers operating near the coast are retasking to here, and I'm even going to use the B-24s that I had been keeping a secret. There's a force of troops I used to intercept an enemy unit coming around our flanks to the southeast--they've routed that enemy unit, so I'll have them reinforce Chengchow to try to hold on a bit longer. Unfortunately, I have a ton of disabled fighters here that I'd like to evacuate, but can't. The sustained enemy attacks have overtaxed our supplies, which is impacting the repair rate.

Burma
We raided Tavoy; shooting down 9 Oscars and losing only 1 Hurricane and inflicting moderate casualties on the ground.

Bay of Bengal
Land-based air forces from Colombo decided to finally try to attack the enemy CVBG, but didn't coordinate with our carriers or even their own Martlet fighters. 2 Swordfish went in alone and got splashed easily. Then 12 Fulmars attempted a low-altitude attack; 6 were shot down by the CAP while we took 1 Zero down with them. Only 2 aircraft reached the enemy fleet, they got cold feet and did not actually attack any of the enemy ships.

Makassar Strait
The O16 was spotted by an ASW patrol near Balikpapan and was depth charged, causing serious damage. It's headed to Darwin for emergency repairs.

SouthPAC
A Wirraway bomber from Noumea bombed an enemy sub lurking between Noumea and Efate.

We've landed a base force on Rousel Island without being raided by a lone destroyer, or anything else.

Reinforcements
SC-738 arrives at Balboa
112th RN Base Force arrives at Aden