Old 11-12-20, 06:43 PM   #2185
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Sen Toku Carrier sub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
seriously, now, there is nothing in the Sen Toku damage profile that is much different from the US subs. the total-hit-points is a bit higher but not enough to survive two torpedo hits.

it has to be the torpedoes. not your fault. maybe it ran deep enough to detonate but not cause damage.

Ok, then is there any explaination for it occurring not just once, but twice....

& this time, I did 4 torps... (3 that went off as planned, with 1 that missed, aft of the sub....) n running into another Sen Toku, I set up for 4 fish this time... 1 aft of center, set for keel attack, mid line, set up for impact det... a few feet below the water line... 3rd set for keel det... an the last 1 as with the 2nd, but forward of the last fish... all 3 that were the last sent off, detonated as they were supposed to...

pattern set up as shown in a rough diagram:

See attached pic...

Note: The X with ( ) around it, was the 1 fish that went aft & totally missed... I accept that I misjudged the offset from the center line aiming... that, is totally on Me & I fully accept that fact... no dissemination... I erred...

Again, as with the 1st encounter... that Sen Toku sub, shrugged off the whole attack... as if it was from Krypton....

1 occurrence, Ok.. I could possibly accept... but twice...

Leaves Me wondering just what the heck...

So it does NOT get misconstrued... I am NOT in any way attacking... I just would like a clear cut, definitive answer as to why that happened....

In attacking it, what am I going to have to do... plant each & every fish under its hull to kill it... and chalk up a sink..?? Just speculating out loud... again, no attack inferred here... just to be 100% clear... I do know that with forums & such, that can occur, so I am only stating that for the record...

I know, as I used to be a mod in an IRC chat site, for many years & have seen it happen that what is said (in type) can & does get misconstrued...

M. M.

ps:

Sorry for the crudeness of the diagram, but was the only way I could , to show the manner in which I plotted out the Sen Toku's demise, as clearly as I could...