View Single Post
Old 02-28-09, 06:36 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Since you express criticism of many of TvT's shortcomings, but having both sims would not enable you to pick the best of both titles and combine them for a superior third title, so that you are still stuck with the shortcomings of the one you are currently running, I find a recommendation of "getting both" a little bit inconsistent, or not? Quite some younger players may have to be cautious regarding what they spend their limited pocket money for.

Considering the fact that Lighthouse seems to have gone bancrupt, TvT was rushed out indeed (and there also have been far more devastating criticism of it's flaws than your criticism!) , it's developer having a reputation for failing in support and longterm involvement, and the game not being supported while being in a state many players describe as "poor", there does not seem to be a future for TvT. Just compare the lighthouse forums for both titles. Getting SF is a question of taste and preferences (WWII), but while both forum communities are not the most active I've ever seen, the forum for SF still is more active than the almost dead TvT forum.

Therefore, if somebody wants a WWII title, I would warn him of getting TvT. Also consider that the developer of SF at least gives the impression to be more involved with having announced intentions for doing an SF2, having an addon on the ready for SF1, and currently running the advertising effort for a third game under developement, posted on this board as well.