View Single Post
Old 04-16-18, 06:09 AM   #770
TakeTheBody
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default When to pull the trigger

Good morning,

I'm playing SH5 WOS. Fantastic experience. In past played a bunch of vanilla SH3 some time ago.

During my SH3 time, I used the fully assisted targeting. Now I'm going full manual thanks to wonderful youtubers providing tutorials. I am in crawl phase of skill development. I have a saved game at a point hunting a lonely freighter on my first mission in game where I'm practicing RAOFB.

One thing I did not see clearly (or failed to detect) in all the demonstrations, is once all firing solution data input to TDC manually, when to pull the trigger. I turn on TDC once data is entered and track target and am not sure where sight picture should be to fire.

Some youtubers mention panning sight picture till the gyro reads 0, then fire. I've tried that with mixed results. My last shot last night was 3900 meters and I fired a medium speed torp with my sight picture center mass on target without gyro at 0 and achieved a hit.

With the mixed results, I am not sure what is a consistent way to place sight picture so I can work towards mastery.

Also, what are the parameters for setting speed of torp as it relates to speed of target and distance. during my "practice" runs against the freighter in my saved game, my fast torps over shot, while mediums struck. Target was at 3900m. I had a few shots at greater distances and I'm pretty sure my torps overshot when I used fast setting as well.

Thank you for any suggestions and apologies if this is posted somewhere else.
TakeTheBody is offline   Reply With Quote