View Single Post
Old 02-14-21, 03:48 PM   #2
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

1 - No idea here, sorry. Never saw staff manning guns and don't know if it's possible other than modeling gunners as part of gun mesh.
2 - AI subs can shoot torpedoes and can operate submerged, in campaign as well (my experience here is limited too but I did see Polish sub torpedo a German battleship in Baltic operations campaign. Horrific experience, never saw that coming until torpedo splash).
3 - I don't know whether you've tested with stock or TWoS, but with the latter destroyers can be pretty persistent. They are still subject to many unfixed/unfixable AI bugs though - existence of land is out of context problem for them, and small subchasers have problems with depth charging because they try to avoid collision with (larger than them) submarine (even though submarine is 200 meters below them). Edit: this might be important for your Vosper, I certainly had my Fairmile behave this way. Y-guns work fine but DC racks constantly missed because of this.
4 - Magnetic torpedoes certainly work in TWoS. Their dud problems in early war are modeled too, though, so don't be shocked if you have 3 out of 4 fail in this period.
5 - Never saw surface or air unit use torpedo. I remember vdr1981 saying air torpedoes can work, but require some very specific way to set up in order for a plane to drop them.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote