Thread: [WIP] Mods, Units & IDs
View Single Post
Old 04-04-20, 03:33 PM   #1
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1109
Uploads: 10

Default Mods, Units & IDs

During my time modding Silent Hunter 3 & 4, I have created many excel spreadsheets, recording different aspects of the units used in the game or mod I am working with.

As an example, please see the sample below...

After working with VonDos recently, he suggested that I release my SH3 versions to the masses. As these would help other modders or players when making or introducing units to their games.

My friend & mentor Jeff-Groves, first introduced the importance of making sure we had no shared unit IDs, as we are working on SH4 - FotRSU. And over the years, I have lost soo much of my modding and game time in pursuit of this goal.

If any of you play FotRSU, you would see some of the work the team uses to narrow down the problems we face.
goto > Support > MissionEditing > FotRSU - Equipment & Unit list.xlsx
goto > Support > MissionEditing > FotRSU - Loadouts_Air list.xlsx
goto > Support > MissionEditing > FotRSU - Sensors.xlsx

These were created and grew as we faced different problems, and needed a record of the data for that area.

What does a shared ID mean? It can be a one way ticket to a CTD, during the loading of your game, the first time you introduce your new mod. And in my experience it will continue until the offending unit is either removed, or has it's top level ID remapped to a new unused number within your mod.

00_SH3 Rosters.xlsx > Download
01_SH3 with GWX 3.0 Rosters.xlsx > Download
02_bbw's GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7 Rosters.xlsx > Download
03_WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010 > No Rosters
04_New Lorient v1 - GWX3+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_V7 > No Rosters
05_WB's USAM v69.61 Rosters.xlsx > Download
06_MFM-V3.3 Rosters.xlsx > Download

VonDos ShipYard Datasheet - WIP

My initial aim, was to combine all the above mods, together with:
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
New Lorient v1 - GWX3+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_V7

To enlarge my GWX3.0 experience, after many ID changes, model changes, it's now fully playable...
I seem to be waffling and going off course here..

Will I do more mod lists, perhaps... Lets see where I sail from next...
So, without further fanfare.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 04-19-20 at 08:05 AM. Reason: FotRSU links Updated
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote