View Single Post
Old 09-30-21, 08:28 AM   #225
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

8 May 1942

South China Sea
The S-37 torpedoed and sank a cargo ship off the northwest corner of Borneo in a night surface attack. She took minor damage from the ship's guns in exchange.

Philippines
The enemy armies--smaller than the US/Philippine garrison it opposed--attacked Cagayan and forced a retreat. I'm surprised they didn't just surrender.

SouthPAC
4 Mavis floatplanes tried to attack an amphibious group delivering troops to Pago. The local P-40 squadron responded, shooting down 2 and sending 2 more home full of holes before they could reach their targets.

Between the subs, the cargo ship, and the Mavises, I feel like this whole area is being probed. I haven't seen the KB in long enough that it could be anywhere, so maybe it's looking to make an appearance here soon.

Sumatra
I rested my B-25s, but Fulmars and DB7s still attempted raids on shipping, and ran into plenty of Zeroes. 3 of my 4 Fulmars were shot down, and the 4th had to be scrapped at base due to its damage. So that squadron is down for the foreseeable future. One DB7 was lost as well. No one scored any hits.

I had been sneaking the Brit CVBG to this area, but there's no point to it. They won't get through the Zeroes protecting the ships here either.

Reinforcements
Repairs completed on SS S-47 at Noumea, ship returned to service (radar)
AM Geelong arrives at Melbourne
TK Aristophanes arrives at Balboa
4th USN Naval Construction Battalion arrives at Port Hueneme (restricted)

Last edited by Molon Labe; 09-30-21 at 08:58 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote