View Single Post
Old 12-24-22, 11:41 PM   #11
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan_PL View Post
Guys! First Thank You for sharing thoughts!

But I have another questions. First:
I think the upgraded deck gun 5.51 is bugged in TMO - my dumb crew are better then I to shoot the target. despite the calculation of mine ((
manually firing your deck gun will always be more accurate than your crew on auto-fire. always. the only time your crew will consistently hit a target more than miss is when you are within 2000 yds and you do not want to be on the surface and only 2000 yds from an enemy.

Quote:
Second - sometimes the destroyers spawn in riddiculously fast time after I destroyed them - 2 hours in game? really? (harbors guardians)
stay out of harbors. i thought we covered that topic previously.

Quote:
And finally - the medal fix implemented with the TMO - my crew ALWAYS obtain the two kind of medals - thee asiatic pacific campaign medal and that second one (can't remember which) ALWAYS! no matter If my tonage is 20,000 or 100,000 tons!!!
yep, we all live with that feature.
occasionally, a silver star or navy cross will appear. i've seen it after a tough mission where the boat takes bad damage and lots of crew are seriously injured AND you are fairly successful sinking enemy ships, but it it rare. that's a lot of ifs, too.
in fact, in real life, the crew, other than the CO and the XO, rarely received decorations, not that Ubi worried about that.
in the game, medals are meaningless for future play. decorated crew perform no different afterwards than before.
so, bottom line, hand out the awards that appear and go sink some ships.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote