View Single Post
Old 11-19-20, 12:59 AM   #1
Drakken
Planesman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default Real Nav: Dealing with Navigator's faulty estimates

Bear in mind, I am still a newbie with Real Navigation in TWOS. For now, I use Automation. I understand that there are error margins when the Navigator makes its Dead Reckoning or Celestial readings. However, even when I am on calm seas and the heading is constant, the results can vary wildly and, sometimes, cannot be right at all.

So how do experienced Kaleuns deal with it (without going into the files and removing any risk factor to 0)? What I do for now is:

a) If a Celestial reading is wildly off the route I had charted and I have time, I order the Navigator to make a new Celestial reading.
b) However, it's gonna take another 40-60 minutes. If I do not have the time, I ask for Dead Reckoning instead.
c) If slightly off but remains within the general area of my charted route, I go with it and consider he might be right until proven otherwise. So I'll make the slight course correction.

Eventually I'll become comfortable enough to attempt to do some readings myself... but I am not there just yet.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote