View Single Post
Old 08-26-07, 01:50 PM   #151
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
If I go through the csv file and make it actually work with Trigger Maru, will you use it?
I should first clarify the "I don't know if it will have a negative effect" comment - I think it's important to note that if you use TM with the stock key config file instead of the TM custom one, TM itself seems to work fine, though those certain changes are missing.

If you make the CSV, I'll absolutely use it! I'll also support/update it as TM changes. If you don't do it, I'll get to it soon. I've been playing TM and like it so I'd also like to know what I'm missing.

I think what initially annoyed me is that 1.) a mod would just change my map and attack scope keys, and 2.) There's no documentation in TM as to what keys are changed, and 3.) SH4 has no option screen for key config, like every other game ever made, ever, and 4.) It's one thing to add a new key with your mod to the stock config, it's another thing entirely to just randomly change stock keys. So, with all that, my first instinct was to roll that back to defaults to get my keys back, extra TM features be damned, so I've been on stock config this whole time so they key thing hasn't been begging for a fix, on my system anyway. I'm still bewildered as to why TM would change the keys to not match the conveniently provided glossy reference card and then not document them.

Please don't read this as a major complaint against TM - it's an awesome mod - but stock was my priority and the work pile was pretty high. I've only worked on this for a month, and it is only within the last few days starting to truly settle down with no major changes, so now we can really get on this, and for any other popular ones (RFB anyone?)

Quote:
Trigger Maru is the mountain, you are Mohammed. You must go to the mountain. The mountain will not come to you.
But if you do the CSV for me... isn't that... the mountain coming... nevermind

Here's a list of the changes from TM I just typed up:

TM 1.6 Key Command Changes vs. Stock:

Removed Pause with Backsp
Added Time_compr_normal with Backsp
Added Numpad Ins for Go_back_to_prev_cam
Removed F11 from User_free_camera
Added F9 for Conning_tower_camera
Changed Coning_deck_camera from F4 to F5
Changed Periscope_camera from F4 to F3
Removed B for Binocular_camera
Changed Deckgun_camera from F6 to F10
Changed Cycle_flak_cam from F7 to F11
Changed Navigation_2D_map from F3 to F5
Added F6 for Attack_2D_map
Changed Crew_control from F10 to F7
Disabled > for Camera_on_next_unit
Disabled < for Camera_on_prev_unit
Changed Hydrophone from F8 to H
Removed Y from Systems_control
Removed Cam_zoom_in and Cam_zoom_out (but no keys assigned)
Changed Guns_control from T to I
Changed Toggle_captain_panel from F12 to F8
Added R Radar_toggle_on_off
Added , for Snorkel_depth
Added Ctrl+R for Return_to_course
Added Shift+G for Report_time_to_turn
Added G for Report_time_to_course_end
Added Ctrl+G for Report_range_to_course_end
Added Ctrl+W for Report_weather
Changed Fire from Enter to Ctrl+Enter
Changed W from Cycle_torp_tube to Cycle_fore_torp_tube
Added Y for Cycle_aft_torp_tube
Added Ctrl+V for Report_nearest_visual_contact
Added B for Toggle_battle_stations
Added Ctrl+B for Repeat_last_report
Added Ctrl+N for Report_nearest_sound_contact
Added Shift+N for Report_nearest_warship_sound_contact
Added Ctrl+M for Follow_nearest_sound_contact
Added Shift+M for Follow_nearest_warship_sound_contact
Removed F9 from Radar_view_ascope

Uh oh, I'm seeing a problem. W no longer cycles among all tubes, instead limiting to fore tubes, and Y does aft tubes. That's going to throw off all of my tube management related tracking stuff, I'll have to put some special code in for that. But pretty much all the others are no problem, though I don't think Shift is defined in key_codes.csv yet (hint: VK is 0x10, Scancode is 0x00 (not used), see how CTRL and chained ones like CTRL+Insert are set up in key_codes.csv).

If someone wants to provide an updated key_commands.csv (with any necessary key_codes.csv changes) for TM while I'm working on the tube thing, that'd be great!

Last edited by minsc_tdp; 08-26-07 at 02:30 PM.
minsc_tdp is offline   Reply With Quote