Old 09-12-19, 04:37 AM   #24
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Looks perfect for cutting the veg
I already sparked a small and short-living fire with it and a fire rod on my loggia. Carbon steel, a sharp edge and soft magnesium works miracles and wonders LOL.

Got a telephone call from the trader whom i hgave the broken knife. He is kind of a knife freak and this really caught his attention, and had it handed around to some friends of his. He now asked for permission to send it to a guy he knows who works in some material anaylsis laboratory, with access to some really specific high tech stuff. So far he said everybody he showe dit to and who had a look at it under magnifying lenses, could not make sens eof it, the characteristics of the rim along the breakline simply do not look like one would expect they would if material fatigue, corrosion or widenign microfractions (or bad steel mixture) were the reason for the breaking.

He really starts to play detective now.

Its been many years since I last did a long distance journey to somewhere, and thought i would never do it again. Egypt, ten years and more ago, fifteen years. I feel a growing urge to hike again, but no more to the hot south, but to the colder north. Maybe in Spring. I have started to collect gear again. Thinking of north-eastern Poland, or southern Norway, Sweden. Just no heat and no crowds of people around, please. Or I go on a trail. In the past, in the ME i got along woithut own car nicely. Dont know how that would work in Scandinavia, i know nothing about their traffic networks, and I assume i cannot walk into a village of theirs and lust lease a mule...