View Single Post
Old 09-11-19, 01:51 PM   #3
skirich
Chief

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

I've noticed, no matter how bad the TC compression gets, if I can end my patrol and go on the next one, its all better.

So now that you mention it, yeah the previous patrols where all 30 days or thereabout in length, so the spawn issue was probably light.
This last patrol was coming up on 3 months.

As for save file, there really is no one save file. Its a collection of folders and files, lots of GUID folders, and then there is the pointer dotSAVE file.

So its not really a length thing since it appears each time you save is uniquely given space unless you overwrite the files.

There is a replay.tmp file and save.tmp fille, which appears to be built or created upon each patrol and represent progress in the patrol. Seems like whatever is happening is causing an issue with these two files.

For instance. On my way back to home port I encountered a convoy and thought, why not, I have several torpedos left.
I sank 2 of the six using the TDC long range method. but the 3rd was massively off.

I figured I would practice my long range TDC solution shots without periscope.

Well I missed that last one, not by a little, which I would have accepted as a learning curve but by an enormously massive amount and it was my fault for not programming the solution right. So I went back to the save from just after I sunk 2 of the six ships and when I loaded it up the entire convoy shifted 15nm west where I first encountered them, the two ships were back in the convoy and I was given credit for the kills. Thats when I knew the replay and save.tmp files were corrupted and boogied back to port.
skirich is offline   Reply With Quote