View Single Post
Old 09-09-19, 07:24 AM   #17
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Its not as if I have heavy duty jobs for it, also, I care for the knives I have, oil them, sharpen them, check them at least once per year. I would be very surprise dit were fatigue.

Also, the way in which it broke., It was so - so absurd. I pulled it out, held it before me, tip pointing upolwards at a 30 degree angle or so, weatche dit, did nothing, just had may eyes ging over the blade checking what maybe shouzld get my attention, no poressure put on it, and suddenly - plink. 3 mm of hardened stainless steel - plink.

The event had something very ridiculous, hilarious, laughable, absurd in it. If it were a movie, people would burst in laughter.

Also, the sheath for this model is of metal and has a spring inside that hold the knif ein place so that it canot fall out even if the leather safety is open. Some strength and mechanical pressure is need to oull it out, which i just had done. But I felt nothing when doing so, there was no suspicious noise, no crankling sound, no feeling of some movement in the blade's structure indicating there was a fracture developing.

I am curious, since it is so mysterious and absurd, I will take the thing to a dealer over here and have him checking it and telling me what he thinks. Some kind of material analysis on the edge of where the thing broke. Some analysis under the microscope, some weired scifi stuff, or whatever.

It just does not make sense to me.