Old 01-02-21, 10:16 PM   #69
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Thanks all for the help and advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Be aware that if you use this EnvSim.act, you must deactivate Hsie bad weather fix...otherwise your Hsie Night Vision fix will not work (it’s mentioned in Stiebler documentation)
Not a big deal, as this EnvSim.act replace the bad weather fix code.

Perso, i prefer the EnvSim.act dated 2012 coupled with Hsie Bad Weather Fix (and Night Vision fix). Because you can adjust to your liking the Bad Weather fix duration in the Hsie.ini file.

I think I saw that somewhere either in the NYGM thread or in the documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
EnvSim.act dated 2016 (i believe it’s the present one you call 10) do not work with Hsie Bad Weather fix without breaking Night Vision fix...we tried it in Onealex, and activating BWF, the NVF do not work. Deactivating BWF, the NVF works!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Ah, might be something particular to Onealex mod then as I believe the BWF is a strictly weather related code.
I bet the problem is that both the Night Vision Fix and the BWF replaces the entire EnvSim.act file instead of just individual variables within the file. Someone with more sophisticated hex editing skills than me could probably combine the two files into one that would work.

Looks like I will at some point test both Fifi's and John's approach and see which I like best, but before that, I have to do a lot more loading of other mods and testing to make sure I have a stable setup. So far so good!

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote