Old 07-30-19, 07:33 PM   #8398
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoster1472 View Post
Hi everyone,
i installed the game correctly deleting old save games. I can start the mission in the harbour and play the game, everything ok. But when I save the game and restart loading the file the game always crashed. Whats wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for replies.
If you followed Capt Scruvy's installation directions those files should have been deleted before your installation and so should your data files.

From Capt Scurvy:

As we await the next release...… there are a few things every player should do to make sure their Stock game is ready.

1. Run JSGME's "Compare game files to snapshot" feature from it's "Tasks..." menu (found in the center of the JSGME main page). Your Stock game files should be exactly as they were when you first took that "Snapshot" way back when you first installed the game, with JSGME added. YOU DID TAKE A "SNAPSHOT" DIDN"T YOU?!?!

If NOT?!? Reinstall the game and this time with a clean install..... take one!! How will you know your game isn't corrupt by mod/file changing if you don't have a reference to go back to? JSGME has a README explaining what to do.....READ IT and follow the instructions.

2. Delete your "Documents/SH4" folder before running the game with the new Public Beta added. You'll have to reset your game Options/Graphics setting for your specific monitor resolution, exit the game, and restart for the resolution to take effect. But, that's a small price to pay for insuring your Stock game is ready for the changes "Ultimate" will bring to the game.

Don't use any of your old saved games, let any new saves be made from a clean start with the latest edition added. Old saved games will not run correctly with the newer files .....don't use them! By deleting the previous SH4 folder, you're deleting those older saves and setting up your game with a fresh start. Do this now, and do it anytime you think there's trouble with corruption to the Stock game files.

3. By all means, follow the guidance from "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install" if you have a newer computer than Windows XP, and have more than 3 gigs of RAM memory!!

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote