View Single Post
Old 09-22-19, 03:43 PM   #829
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

^ This video shows "Klartext". Imagine an American president would do this with an American flag after he won an election. The American public would go ballistic. Or imagine the French president throwing the French flag away, I think the French would be so furious that he could quit immediately. I am no symbol-swinger and anthem-singer myself, all this ritualised ceremony means little to me, but I know that it points at something that means a lot to many other people, and that other people value the ceremonial expression itself, too. For Merkel, neither means anything. Cold as a snake in winter. But bites when warmed up.

Its also common over here that if a high politician like the chancellor or the federal president holds a speech on TV, the EU flag always is in front and covers the German flag placed behind it.

As the old joke goes: Merkel fulfills Erich Honnecker's late revenge on the BRD. Her mission is almost fulfilled. The poisonous fruits of her treason will blossom in the years after she has left office.