View Single Post
Old 07-30-19, 09:29 AM   #45
mrmsje
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Medal of Honor in SH4

The best way to get the MoH is to come back to port after you've accomplished your patrol mission AND completed any additional orders you get while on patrol AND come back all beat up.

You ain't gonna get the MoH if you haven't taken some damage. If you do and your sub and crew are undamaged, then you got lucky I guess.

I came back from the first patrol with over 400k tonnage sunk (40 merchants and 27 warships + countless aircraft...not counting the merchants and warships I sunk in a dozen harbors off Honshu Island) but only got the Medal of Victory, or some such thing, because my sub and crew were unhurt.

Take that back...the deck gun was under repair, but I guess that doesn't count.

BTW, I learned from another skipper that you must complete 48 hours around your patrol "Yellow Star" for it to turn Grey, the signal you've completed your mission priority.

Another BTW: Yes, I did get all those above figures with a little help from my engineering friends and a big help from my fortune held in off shore bank accounts, which means I had my buddies build a rapid fire cannon AND another first-of-its-kind Mini-Gun (AA gun) lethal to any Japanese pilot fool enough to get anywhere near my boat.

Last BTW: To take some damage that won't sink your boat, stay on the surface and at 0 knots when under attack by planes. Tell your gunner to hold fire until you've taken a few hits or a few crew members have been killed. Then let him open up. You don't want to let the planes sink you, of course.

Welcome home, Vets!
mrmsje is offline   Reply With Quote