View Single Post
Old 02-23-09, 10:56 PM   #44
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

I thought Sh4 had a sort of "random" award system I got an MOH once in stock 1.5 after 3 20000 ton patrols in a row. Now that I play TMO163 or RFB depending on my mood I have yet to get an MOH and I dont think you should be able to. I dont hink it should be very easy most skippers that got one died like the one that stayed on the bridge after being mortaly wounded by fire and gave commands via intercom and closed the hatch for the other men the MOH is given to someone who goes far above and beyond the call of duty at great personal risk to save his fellow soliders/sailors and/or causes great harm to the enemy and Fluckey got one for just completey kicking ass on that one patrol if you read the book the Japanese thought that was a combined warship and bomber raid not just one sub! But most often the Moh is given for the first reason. There was an Air Force A-1 Skyraider pilot in Vietnam and he got one when his wingman got shot down over a South Vietnamese army base that was being over run this guy turned back and strafed the enemy postions with the 4 20mms on his spad then landed on a near by road and ran over and pulled the other airman out of his crashed spad. He got the MOH becasue he took a great personal risk for he had no way to even know if the other airman was still alive but he did not want to let a comrade down. Like wise for many Korean War MOH holders(I dont consider any military award as something one "wins" I earned every medal related ribbon that I wore in Air Force) many of these guys willingly stayed behind at a postion to delay the bad guys so that their unit could regroup at the cost of their own lives. Other men earned the MOH by protecting other men there where several medics and navy corpmen who used thier own bodies to protect injured men. there was a black army medic in nam that got shot 4 times during a battle but refused to leave his unit he saved several men and many of his fellow soliders said that if it had not been for his fortitude and encouragement that the NVA would have overwhealmed them. Just my thoughts I dont think such a high honor should even be in a game to be honest. Most MOH recipiants arent superman or Rambos they where just normal men did something extraordinary its a thing like something came over them and empowered them like Moses or David I guess it doesnt happen everyday. And for the record it is the Congressional Medal of Honor they are approved by congress not the President and as I said befroe you dont 'win" a medal it is an honor to show ones service and for other military members to respect but they are not "won" anyone who thinks so needs to show better respect towards military tradtions and ethics. The same would go the Commonwealths VC.

Last edited by Stealhead; 02-24-09 at 12:15 AM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote