View Single Post
Old 01-01-21, 07:24 PM   #2
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler3 View Post
There are apparently too many ways to make SH3 work...and too many ways to jack the whole thing up. I can't explain how I got it to work last week, with GWX and SH3Commander working...with the 1.4 update and the 4gb patch AND no Starforce errors? My attempts today have used all sorts of different ways and various .exe's to make it work...and they all failed, at some point. I can't explain as I don't know of anything I did differently. Heck...I had the ARB 1920 installed and was working on the torpedo mission in the Academy. Now, it seems, if I use "option A", I must use it for this mod, and maybe that mod...but not the other mod. Sheesh! I just want to make SH3 1.4, GWX3 and SH3 Commander capable...and use JSGME for all future mods.

I will wait for a generous friend's help (see my latest, my friend!) and see what transpires after that.

I do have some concerns about how..."fractured" the sub simming community has become? Some of the places I visited for help with all the various issues spent a lot of time ranting about various sub simming sites? I hate that it has come to that but have not been that active to understand what has transpired...and will not comment.

Sink them all!
The ARB mod can cause a lot of conflicts. I'd suggest a re-install of 1.4, GWX and SH3 Commander before giving up as chances are by now your install is corrupted.
Plenty of folks use ARB but get a stable install per above first.