View Single Post
Old 01-09-24, 07:27 PM   #1512
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsAviation View Post
Now i just feel silly, thank you for letting me know im still super new to all of this and its been a couple of long months. i removed RFB and the problem is still happening, one step closer to fixing this mess! im gonna see whatelse i can comeup with... oh and thank you for replying so fast! it really helps!
that result is also due to inexperience. do not feel embarrassed. we have all been where you are.

when one wants to set up a new meg-mod config, they have to (must?) start from scratch. this means not only a fresh, unmodded SH4 folder but also a fresh Save Folder.

hopefully you are using JonesSoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME). if you are not, i strongly suggest that you start. i am pretty sure that it is included in the FOTRSU download zip file.

let's say that you are using JSGME. so, you probably backed out FOTRSU, restarted SH4 and then reloaded your saved career. that's not going to work for you. in your use-case, you would not only need to back out FOTRSU but you would also need to delete your Save Folders and then start a new career. Save Folder are stored here:
\Documents\SH4(or some other TLA)\data\cfg\

as you evolve your SH4 experience, you are probably going to want to have more than one megamod available to play. at that point you would want to use MultiSH4, which is also included in the FOTRSU download. but don't rush things. actually, i suggest playing Stock (unmodded SH4) for a career or two just to get the feel of things.

in either case, good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote