View Single Post
Old 11-27-23, 08:38 PM   #1502
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That would be the Pseudo Narwhal that came in the RSRDC mod then. Be sure you're not over-writing parts of it with the patches and other files afterwards - which ain't easy to do... I also am not certain as to how "compatible" it is in RSRDC. You could always try to use the Bonus Narwhal and its "Narwhal Graphics Support" add-on, both on the Bonus Downloads page.
d/l the New_Narwhal_K_v_1.8.5.7z file. i think it is the Bonus Mod. Team Keltos made several Narwhal mods and it is not clear which is compatible under which circumstances.

loaded this onto the config previously posted and it appears to be "better" than the RFB/RSRD Narwhal.

however, i will have to cleanup the Crewmember Slots before i can shove off on a test run. do not laugh too loudly or you will hurt yourself.

i can fix this...takes about 30 mins. what i do not want to do is fix the crew, take her out for a spin and discover model looks good but does not work.
+++++++
p.s. well......it did work, partially.
as we shoved off on what i would call a shakedown cruise, i was handed eight Menu ID Not Found errors. Now i get to hunt them down. {are we having fun, yet?}

it would appear that driving a Narwhal with RFB+RSRDC will require a very unique configuration, certainly not one that is off-the-shelf.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 11-27-23 at 11:22 PM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote