View Single Post
Old 03-29-20, 05:53 PM   #23
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
No disrespect is intended, no insults thrown. We were just trying to have a little fun at the modders' expense Kal_Maximus_U669 - which would mostly be me in this regard, because I was the one that tried to edit a few of the subs ~lower~ in fuel range, and all I managed to do was to move the curve of the subs' "most efficient" speed... I also was not aware that the game was that inept at giving an "estimated range at this speed" set of figures. That was used as our "test" paradigm, or methodology. "Bingo fuel" is rather important for a skipper to know, so if the game says you are good for 12,500nm, you would figure "bingo" would be 6,250nm, and be very mindful of that figure prior to your furthest point of travel. If the game is several thousands of miles off on that figure, it should be attempted to change it, which we did. Unfortunately, all I succeeded in doing was move the "most efficient" from 5, 6 or 7 knots up to 9 or 10 knots, or basically Standard speed... Another attempt will be made for the next release, but "testing" it will include driving a submarine at TC1x overnight while I sleep (not at war-time), to see the "real" fuel useage, rather than relying on the game to give me a "maximum range at xx speed" function. One caveat to this, is that the game may then give a skipper a really bad estimate, and you might then be 1200nm from home, and be out of fuel, with no recourse other than to abandon your career. We don't want that either... we do thank you for your comments on the subject though, and want to let you know that we are attempting to work on it. Also be aware that I used to get in trouble at school all of the time as a youngster. I was never the class clown - I was just the one that "fed" the class clown and encouraged their behavior... so probably two-thirds of what I post is tinged with self-deprecating sarcasm, liberally sprinkled with facetiousness... in other words, do not take me seriously in most postings... In all seriousness though, I do apologize for unintended insensitivity toward the reports. Keep them coming (both the reports and the jokes)!

I agree with Propbeanie. Everyone is stressed out with everything going on, and sometimes we just need to laugh. I am not qualified to speak with authority on any Silent Hunter 4 mods. No offense was intended.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote