View Single Post
Old 05-09-19, 06:03 PM   #19
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
I see a lot of negative posts about this game, and I think that a part of the reason for that is that many people were expecting Silent Hunter 6.
Anyone with a working brain, eyes and a computer knew this was never going to be SH6 and to say otherwise shows an utter lack of a grasp on reality, as well as a belief system built on nothing but your own imagination.

This *always* was a micro-management sim, that just happened to be on a uboat.

What, I think, is causing some blow back, is that recent videos from the dev team in the months prior to early access showed a lot more polish and a lot more focus on the traditional silent hunter type combat, than the game actually - in its current state - has.

This might be deception in their part, a change in direction not properly communicated, or - much more likely - that they’ve bitten off more than they can chew.

It’s quite true 80% of features in software take 80% of the time, but the last 20% takes much longer. Add to this the small and relatively new team, little funding and very lofty goals and I don’t think that this game will ever be a fully functioning polished game.

I see this falling by the wayside like a lot of other early access games.

There is no polish, very poor design decisions in terms of UI/UX and overall game loop cohesiveness; it’s a *very* ambitious project, and I wish them well, but it’s a mammoth task and they don’t have the demonstrable skill sets or personnel to ensure it’s done correctly, on-time and on-budget.

To say it’s mediocre response is mainly based on false expectations from the community is a falsehood and naive at best; we’re mostly all grown ups here; expectation was set from the dev pre release videos and their blog posts.

What entered early access was mostly what they told us it would be, just woefully buggy, incoherent, poorly quality controlled and shallow.

Seems some people here just like to tantrum that every sub game released isn’t SH6 even when the developers never they would be and made that fact abundantly clear.

Again, perhaps only to those with eyes, a brain and ability to read.

TL;DR - there is no SH6. No one is making SH6. Get over it already. How many more imperfect versions of a WW2 game do we need? If SH3 post mods is the gold standard, nothing even on paper is coming down the line to replace that. Build a bridge and get over it.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote