View Single Post
Old 09-02-08, 01:11 PM   #49
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

The oldest message on the linked forums for myself dates back to January 2003, but before that there was another board. It was simple to use and banter went back and forth, but there wasn't much banter going on 3 September 2000 around 2300 AEST.

That was the moment that the game Iron Wolves was turned off.

I was prowling in the SW after performing yet another Area 51 excursion. On line at the time were Mongoose, Tbar, Buxton, Taffy, Silvercat, Silvercat, Erich the Red(?). Popeye had 'vanished' about an hour before and never came back. My bud Drizzt had just racked up his highest score ever in a lite sub (I'm gonna say 935000). We had not long before just looked at the high scores kept by On Line (the provider of the game) and we were talking about the proliferation of names on that list.

I had a listing in the top 10 of all missions, and was in the all time high score of every vessel - except the DD. (Even my eldest was in front of me in a DD)

We were talking about a forthcoming trip I had when all of a sudden, the server went dead, and never came back to life.

On this, and another board, we logged our approaches back and forth and what we were doing, refunnds on unused credits, continued debitting of our accounts, no answer at their office. A sour taste left after a great period in time.

Advertisement: Deep Six seeks to capture those "good old days".

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote