View Single Post
Old 07-10-20, 05:59 PM   #19
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'll see if I can find my notes somewhere here today, because I found more evidence yesterday of more Photo Missions the US subs did
so, i took the research findings and modified the TMO-version of Photo Honshu 04 to include a big, fat Yamato parked in Hiroshima Harbor.
that way i am guaranteed a photo-target with enough value to satisfy the Objective Requirement.
no way i was going to take a shot at it because i would never have made it back out to the Pacific and thence home. my valiant crew and i are NOT kamikaze's. the photo mission was bad enough. more on that....
since this is a "hollywood" mission and intensely difficult, i decided to award 100,000 renown if i completed the objective and lived to tell the tale. and i did. or rather "we" did.
on the way back to Midway, we took advantage of some opportunities that presented themselves and sank a couple of Nippons, a couple of ConteVerdes, and a Ise (late war) battleship.
it was very disappointing (lol) to return to Midway and receive a Bronze Star for the our efforts.
i think a Presidential Unit Citation was more in order but seriously ......the award logic is definitely effed up.
anyway, i am trying to get psyched up to do more photo objective testing but i am failing.
i think my brain is overheated from the nth-consecutive day of over-90 temps we have had.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote