Old 12-10-23, 04:17 PM   #70
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

10 April 1942
Pago Pago sweep encounters strong enemy fighter presence

Bay of Bengal
I shelled Rangoon with a pair of heavy cruisers. Not much result, moderate casualties, some facility damage, some fires. No aircraft or ships reported damaged. There doesn't seem to be much there besides troops.

My CVBG launched a small raid on Diego Garcia that found nothing of value there.

CENTPAC
The KB's sweep of Pago caused an 18 vs 53 engagement in the enemy's favor. We ended up losing 6 Zeroes while shooting down 1 P-40 and 2 P-39s, considering how badly we were outnumbered I don't think that was that bad. I'd been hoping to make a raid here, but clearly the enemy's evacuated most of their ships, so even if I went back in with force I don't see much to gain. And it's risky... If I allocate enough fighters to get past theirs, I'd leave my own ships vulnerable to his CVBGs if they're lurking nearby.

Pago launched a counterattack of 7 B-17s -- I'm glad it wasn't dive bombers-- which shot down 2 Zeroes while they lost 1 to our CAP and a 2nd to flak. They tried to attack Akagi and missed.

Speaking of which, 1 CV was reported sighted by a sub-based floatplane near Pearl. That's probably the Hornet reporting into theatre. Pretty good odds the Saratoga is back in service by now too, so right now the lineup is probably Lex-Sara-Enterprise-Hornet, with Yorktown being repaired in Alameda.

China
I probed the blockading force outside Sian, and it looks like its enough to hold out against my reserves thanks to the mountainous terrain. I'm sending my tanks in Sian back down the road to help out.

Sumatra
We defeated the enemy base garrisons outside Medan.