View Single Post
Old 02-18-11, 09:02 PM   #2171
gazpode_l
中国水兵

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default U-93 returns to sea

Well we've left Kiel for the final time...few tears, few missing lovers etc, hell i'll miss my old office! (NOT!) and most importantly, we'll all miss Germany! We've been re-assigned to Brest, in NW france, KM grid AM28.

15/6/1941: Left Kiel @ 09:00hrs, with no patrol grid alloted, although upon leaving we were told to bring every possession with us.

12:00: News filtered through that the whole flotilla is being moved to brest! Luckily this only affected wto of my crew, amongst them my weps officer who currently has a girlfriend, and my young sonar-boy.

Both my crew's partner's will apparently be there to meet us in brest! That's quite a trip over from germany!

17/6/41: Took descision @ 06:00hrs to run through english channel later that evening.

18/6/41: Reached corner of dover/calais at mdnt. Only hassle thus far was O.O.W (officer of watch) spotted three patrol boats heading towards us. We submerged to periscope depth and kept going. No further threat encountered.

18/6/41: @ 06:00hrs
Reached a position best described as 40km north of cherbourg - successful completion of the channel, crew in excellent mood. Allowed myself a few sips of chardonnay!

19/6/41: @ 06:00hrs
Have reached grim AM28, the same grid as our destinaton harbour, Brest. Have sent a message to BDu asking if we are allowed to go off for a seeing that we've arrived in the area, have a full load of torpedoes and roughly 80% of a tank of diesel left!

19/6/41: @ 09:45hr
Recieved a response from BDu who are now obviously up & about!! have recieved orders to continue into suspected areas of enemy shipping and to hunt as situation allows, now it's Game-on!
gazpode_l is offline   Reply With Quote