Old 02-01-21, 12:51 PM   #2672
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Tachibana

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Tachibana was an early find due to its issues with its "skin", and it was discovered that there is a configuration problem with some of the ships, which results in them spawning, doing their set speed, but the config problem disables their prop and/or rudder, so they "coast" to a stop eventually. The "rooster tail" of course, is from their "set speed", and not their props, so a failure of a prop to rotate is not readily apparent at first glance. We've gone through the list once, but we'll be double-checking it to see who is naughty or nice - wait, wrong season...
OK... useful tid bit to know. I used my phone to post about it, so as to NOT shell out & do so.. did note, when I sent off 2 fish at it.. spaced out a bit on timing, since I was NOT sure it was a glitch or what & to be on the safe side to boot... just as torp 1 got very close.. probably 300' or less... rough guess... that Tachibana all of a sudden kicked into overdrive, not that it did it any good.. the torp caught them in the arse & blew the screws off it. As it drifted torp 2, finished it off.

Some time later & many miles distant, I ran into a 2nd Tachibana... this time it was proceeding at 12 knots as well.. took a look see before it got within striking distance & unlike the 1st run in with the 1st, this 1 the props were turning & not stopped the entire time. It stayed at a consistent 12 the whole time. 1 thing I did note with that 1... the 'skins' issue you mentioned of... some distance from it, it appeared black, except for the funnels... yet got in close & it finally showed up as it should all over to match the funnels... which I assume is the correct scheme for it. Sank that 1, though it took 3 to sink it.. figuring the dud factor kicked in on 1 of the initial 2 I sent off, requiring the 3rd as the 'kill shot' as it were.. which is fine.. as I know early on the issues that were faced with the torps.

Hopefully, the weed issues with it, can be figured out & corrected fully.. but if not, then well.. will just deal with them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As for the image, that was previously discussed, and we don't really know why a certain "device" was appended to the periscopes in FOTRS and then kept in FotRSU, but you are seeing the "outline" of them there. The graphic settings between your video card and the game do affect those, and it might take some experimenting with those settings to minimize that effect. In the meantime, if we hear back about our inquiries and we can get any enlightenment, we'll update. For now though, removing the device does result in an eventual CTD in the game, so they will stay... As someone advised earlier, "don't look up", and let the deck watch handle looking for airplanes...
hmm... so hanged if you do, hanged if you don't... nice... I'd rather NOT have it CTD.. but, that's just Me...

Ok, As it stands, have all the viz options in game, set to being on... with the exception of course, the windowed option... I rather have it in full screen so that 1 stays unused... if I remember, I think in the graphics control panel, I have the .exe locked down at like.. 40 fps... so if you have any suggestions on those settings to see of dropping.. will try them & see how it goes...

I like the way it looks using them & that is the only thing I've seen thus far that has popped up with regards to them... I don't recall seeing them, when I still had the Sargo class boat... but if worst comes to worst.. will just leave the settings be & just ignore the 3 shiny dots flying over my sub... & label them... 'Foo fighters'...

M. M.