View Single Post
Old 01-27-08, 02:15 AM   #33
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
The wife says I can come just checking flight prices. How much advance booking to stay at the Subsim ranch?

So it would be arriving on the 9th October and leaving on the 13th or the 14th?
My place can hold 8 guys comfortably. Once we officially set the meeting, I'll take reservations.

If you book a double and share a room at a Holiday Inn hotel, you can stay for $60 a night. Nice place, too. Scroll down for pics.

Same here, room with a buddy and get a room for $45.

And Motel 6 offers a room with two large beds for $20 a night. Pretty close to free.

Yeah, I would say arrival on Oct 8 is best for International flyers, gives you some time to rest up. We can sleep over on the sub and DE either Friday or Saturday, I don't think people will want to sleep there two nights in a row.

I am strongly considering renting a 12 passenger van for International members, this will save a lot of $$ on car rentals.
For a comfortable 12-person van, the costs for 4 days would be a mere $45 total per person. I know some Texas and other US guests will drive in, so this will allow us some capacity, plus my car holds 5~7 people. So, you Brits, Germans, Dutch, and other Euros, I'll try to cover you so all you have to do is get on the plane. You can return home and tell your friends you had a Texan chauffeur.

Edit: this would be even better! 15 person van, nice! $33 per person for the whole meeting time.

Quote:
Sailboats and shrimp boats coming in and out on friday or saturday nights, a good shrimp dinner, a little cocktail and you will sleep well that night, yes siree.
You sound like you know the area, that is a very good suggestion.

Quote:
Von ManteuffelI usually take a month's leave in October. So that fits. Could do the full U.S. experience. Please count me in as a possible.
Yeah, if you ever wanted to vacation in the US, this would be a great way to kick it off, mate. Come on the 8th, attend the meeting and all the events from the 9-12, then go to another city or road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Will be trying again for this one, with maybe a little better planning on my part.
Steve, I really am looking forward to shaking your hand, I hope you can come.

These kind of get-togethers are one of a kind, you don't want to miss it.

I'm ready for some of this

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 01-27-08 at 03:05 AM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote