View Single Post
Old 12-09-20, 04:29 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikdunaev View Post
Though I think it is very weird that it only happens on this very specific patrol. Is that actually possible, that something happens here, in terms of usage of memory, that does not happen elsewhere?
yeah...
stop me if i start sounding like PB.
where you patrol controls which convoys/TF/single ships are created and spawn. each of those formations is a single entity, sailing along from start to finish, until it closes within a certain range from you. that range can vary, just like your detection capabilities. so, if Patrol1 took you to the Carolines and there was not much happening, you might not notice.

now if P2 is in the Home Islands, where there is a lot happening, you would experience many formations which are spawning into multiple ships. this is where you can use SH4 with LAA enabled.

add to the above explanation the fact that your Win10 memory may have become fragmented and when SH4 made a call for a certain block of contiguous memory Win10 replied with multiple blocks rather than one block and SH4 went kaput.

so, yes, the memory use CAN be noticed on one patrol and not on another.
keep in mind that you may be have 32gig of RAM on your PC but SH4 is only going to access 2G (4G with LAA). so, you may still experience CTD because Win10 memory has become fragmented.

so, here's your plan: implement LAA, reboot, rerun your mission. the problem should be resolved.
if not, post back again.
if it IS resolved, remember to reboot the next time it happens. (i hate saying that but it is the fastest-best fix)

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote