View Single Post
Old 02-19-10, 02:39 PM   #65
SparrowHawk
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Unfortunately OF doesn't work on Vista due to the transparency problem (I had to swipe my friend's old F4 disk to find that out), so I'll have to stick with FF5

Now then, anybody know where to start? I rarely have to ask that, but it's been years since I played a modern combat sim...

As a rookie myself, I'd like to share with you some thoughts that may be of interest. I also have installed FF5, after having done various dance routines with my old Falcon4.0.

It may be hard at first but I would recommend starting with the highest possible reality & difficulty settings (Veteran, if not Ace).

This will allow you to get a true appreciation of the sim as a whole- its complexity and depth.

Try out as many of the TEs as possible, and don't feel that you have to get it right first time. That kind of expectation may limit the fun-in-learning process.

May be then try a few dogfight scenarios and the Instant Action is always good for a warm-up.

Lastly, as I am kinda hoping for myself, is find a wingman buddy who would not mind flying together online doing various TEs or Formation Flying.

Hope these help.

Check Six

SH
SparrowHawk is offline   Reply With Quote