View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 02:29 PM   #22
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammit_Carl! View Post
Management sets the tone for how subordinates are treated, valued, and respected and when there is toxic leadership, the whole structure suffers as a result.

Not being a Navy person, I can only guess how this sort of action is taking it's toll on career people as well as those souls who probably would have made it a career. Can't recall if such things (i.e. Cpt. Crozier's firing) are currently happening with the other branches but, going by my opening sentence, I shudder to think of just how much damage is being done to all the services if their uniformed leadership is being treated in such a poor fashion.

Exactly. The current administration talks about constructing a 355 ship fleet. I'm wondering how they will crew such an expansive fleet. Certainly, their efforts to crew a large fleet will be jeopardized if they can't recruit and retain enough qualified people. Their treatment of qualified people like Capt. Crozier places that recruitment and retain-ment at risk. I would hope the upper echelon would be smart enough to know and understand that.

Apparently, they are not and the Ill treatment of Capt. Crozier and others, including various admirals, demonstrates that all too clearly.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote