View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 06:46 PM   #84
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You probably can't end a patrol there because you haven't added the base to the US_NavalBases.mis file. You could also use the same file to add a "tender" there (scripted Unit), and maybe a small dock, if so desired...
I did add the base to usbases.mis, that is how why it shows up, can refuel and rearm there, start patrol from there, but wont let me end patrol. Like I said the tilted anchor is no where to be seen now.

Well once I find exactly where am going to build the bases at Leyte for PT's I will add ships etc for immersion . I know there were two PT tenders at San Pedro Bay after the Leyte landings on 20th and on 23rd October one moved to Panoan so boats could patrol Bohol Sea , the approaches to Surigao Strait.Likely will add them. Want to find out where they were based out of on Oct 20 before were in San Pedro Bay. I just used where have them now as a test but it may be a good start point and base switches to san pedro on 21 oct at midnight. Once I figure out the role PT's will be play in invasion. Trying to be historically accurate and balance gameplay. I know they swept area for barges, PC's etc, transports etc and did engage some.

That is one challenge with this mod that greatly differs from playing subs is having a supply base always within reach since there is no rescue function and playing with unlimited fuel is gamey.

I have scripted the Leyte Landings into the campaign. The old battleships and cruisers shell the shoreline from 0600 until just before 1000 , have few WIldcats and Avengers from the CVE's flying in making bomb runs. Invasion force anchored offshore. I placed some enemy bunkers and shore guns, and AA guns along the coast. The coastal guns are silenced fairly quick but bunkers cant be destroyer, so the ships will shell them constantly until time to leave. Quite a thing to see and hear lol.

Landing craft and LST start heading for shore at 1000 per history. Several waves. If want to see that have to get some distance, let them spawn, then come back since they wont spawn with player nearby.

The US landing craft also needs some work. Needs a pilot and some troops aboard, they are empty. Will show up on radar but look silly being empty.

Will likely add air attacks. Perhaps if can implement kamikazes from FOTRS into sim starting 25 Oct.

I've fixed the battle of surigao strait so the BB's, CA's and and japanese force get close enough they will engage. Same with the Samar action on 25 Oct. I reduced the US force down to be just Taffy 3 since its only one that engaged center force that morning, not the whole CVE force as RSRD had it. Changed the CVE's to Casablanca Class instead of Bogue Class. 3 DD and 4 DE as really had. Them and center force come close enough now, center force should open up on them and vice versa. Now this is more for the DD side of things, but use same campaign traffic files, esp for the scripted battles so.

Now, just need to get this issue with home bases solved.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote