View Single Post
Old 03-23-08, 12:46 PM   #57
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf

Phrases like "The irony, is that many of the "daring do" exploits people like to do in their virtual uboats, actually occured in the pacific and not the atlantic." makes me shake my head. These ppl obviously grew up in a world of propaganda, where their own ppl were daring heroes on dangerous missions, while the enemy was a grey dull mass of brainless order executers. A grave lack of education in these regards.
Actually, i'm very well and equally versed in both The Atlantic U-boat campaign AND the Pacific submarine campaign. My statement stands. Sorry for busting your bubble with a little dash of reality.

edit:

Quote:
Till the U boat missions were announced. First I was really looking forward to it, but then I felt the hate. Pacific drivers, instead of beeing happy for the u boat crowds and the potential of a truly global game, which also includes lots of US Atlantic action potential, got all hostile and passive agressive all of a sudden. U boat disses whereever you looked. A huge dissapointment right there.
Imagine that the last Uboat sim was SH1, (made 12 years ago), and every sim since then, you've had nothing but Fleetboats shoved at you when all you wanted was a Uboat sim. So you finally get a uboat sim, and not too long there after, people start trying to convert it back to ANOTHER fleetboat sim. Whats more, since it has such a huge and rabid fanboy following, it threatens to stunt the growth of the campaign you wanted because the majority of community efforts will go to the theater that youve had to put up for several years. AND THEN, you have Fleetboat fans making posts like this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=33

You might just be a little upset.

Last edited by Ducimus; 03-23-08 at 01:03 PM.