Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 09-22-20, 09:40 AM   #668
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 535
Uploads: 1
Icon2

I'm jammed up with my new Dark Waters install. I had it installed before but took it off because of rampant CTD's. I have installed a number of other SH4 flavors and they are all running fine. I currently have FotRSU, RFB and TMO w/training wheels. I had Op Monsun and it was running quite well.

This how I installed DW and all the other SH4 variants:
1 Clean registry with CC Cleaner.
2 Defrag.
3 Copy and paste the game into the target folder, along with JSGME, LAA, d3d Antilag and Multisim.
4 Run LAA on SH4 with the >2 gb box checked.
5 Install all the other apps.
6 Run the new deployment 1 time.
7 Decompress Dark Waters into the MODS folder, activate it.
After all is said and done, I ran Dark Waters and I'm not getting past the opening splash card. Just sits there and then I get the 'Silent Hunter 4 has stopped working' popup.

The last time I had DW on, everything was running quite well until I upgraded my graphics card. I had a GT710 and I replaced it with a GTX660ti. I wanted more horsepower to run SH5. I had noticed problems with other versions of SH4 and I believe it was due to frame rate. In SH5, with all the sliders maxed out, I was getting 115-120fps I installed d3d antilag and capped the frame rate at 60fps. Problem solved. As for my current problem, I'm at a loss. I disabled my antivirus for both the install and when I run the game.

You guys have any ideas?